48. Reflecting on the School Year: Setting Goals for the Future
Happy Teacher Appreciation Week! This is a great time for new teachers to reflect on their successes and challenges of the school year and set goals for the future. In this episode, we discuss practical strategies to...View Episode
47. The Future of Teaching: How AI is Revolutionizing the Work Load for New Teachers
In this episode, we explore the cutting-edge technology of artificial intelligence, specifically Chat GPT, and its potential to transform the classroom experience for new teachers. We discuss four specific ways that...View Episode
46. Essential End of School Year Tasks for New Teachers
As a new teacher, the end of the school year can be super overwhelming. In this episode, we break down the 5 essential end of the school year tasks that you need to complete before summer break. Learn how to wrap up...View Episode
45. How to Stand Out During Interview Season: Tips for New Teachers
As a new teacher, it's important to prepare for interviews and create a resume that highlights your relevant experience and skills. In this video, we'll cover essential tips for researching a school and district,...View Episode
44. Empowering New Teachers: why you should attend professional conferences
In this episode, we explore the importance of attending professional development conferences for new teachers and highlight a few of my favorites that every teacher should consider attending. We discuss the benefits...View Episode
43. Dealing with Difficult Parents: Tips for Effective Communication for New Teachers
In this episode, we dive into tips for effective parent communication for new teachers, with a focus on dealing with difficult parents. We discuss common types of difficult parents, strategies for maintaining...View Episode
42. How can new teachers provide behavior support for students with special needs? With James Brannon
New teachers have so many challenges: lesson planning, grading, parent communication, and classroom management to name a few. You also have the many personalities and needs of your students to consider, and...View Episode
41. How can new teachers fight the good fight when feeling frustrated?
When I'm feeling frustrated with the state of education and my worry about all the new teachers, I give myself time to vent. But then I refocus on what is really important as an educator. It's time to recalibrate...View Episode
40. How do you know when it's time to move on?
We are going to try something a little different and see what you think. This recording will also be available in video on my YouTube Channel. It will have a different playlist under my current channel and will be...View Episode
39. My #1 favorite class project to use before Christmas break
It’s almost time for the third best school day of the year! The Friday before Christmas break! The kids are excited, you are exhausted, and you may be wrapping up semester grades before you let your little darlings...View Episode
38. Interview with journalist, Carly Flandro
In today's episode, I chat with former English teacher and now journalist, Carly Flandro about her journey in and out of teaching. Listen in as she gives us all some very good advice! Here is Carly's original article...View Episode
37. My top 10 joys from teaching. There is much to be thankful for.
You made it! You have survived the first one third of the school year! Bravo! This week you may only want to live in your PJs, sleep until 10:00 and squeeze in a couple of Netflix marathons. And you know what? ...View Episode